Events in Support of May 2012 "Occupy APA"
Here are few events on the same weekend as the Philadelphia 5 May 2012 protest of the American Psychiatric Association, in support and solidarity with the Occupy APA protest. (Disclaimer: Each event is independent, and event organizers are responsible for content.)
- Boston, Massachusetts, 5 May 2012: PROTEST - MPOWER in MA is planning a May 5th action in solidarity with you folks in Phildelphia! "Occupy the American Psychiatric Industry" will take place.
- UK: Held a solidarity gathering and took this Facebook photo here.
- Anchorage, Alaska, 5 May 2012 events.
- Toronto, 6 May 2012: PROTEST - The Coalition Against Psychiatric Assault with the official endorsement of Occupy Toronto is proud to announce: OCCUPY PSYCHIATRY: A nonviolent action during which survivors and activists will occupy the front grounds of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
- Philadelphia, 6 May 2012: GATHERING The day after the Philadelphia protest, stay for an independent event featuring great speakers: Imagining a Different Future In Mental Health!! with speakers Robert Whitaker, Jim Gottstein, Jacki McKinney.
- State of Washington is holding a soldarity event. Washington State advocates are holding a companion protest May 5th, at the Washington State Psychiatric Association. For more information contact Jan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denver, Colorado plans a solidarity event.
- The group Stop Trans* Pathologization (STP) 2012 Statement in Solidarity of Occupy the American Psychiatric Association, can be found here.
- MindFreedom Ireland is holding a 'label rip" in Cork, Ireland on Friday, 3 May 2012 in solidarity with five-five. For more info contact MindFreedom Ireland.
- Arizona: OCCUPY MAD PRIDE ~ MAD ITALIAN Public House , Flagstaff, AZ. Saturday, May 5th, 2012. Meet downtown on the Roof Top Patio for peaceful protest. Contact Rhonda Thomas; A.k.a Maureen Hawthorne; artist/ writer/ advocate; Flagstaff, AZ. email: email@example.com or go to: http://calendar.azdailysun.com/eventview.cfm?ID=59486
- Paula Caplan was unable to attend the event, but had this statement read out.
- email your event, large or small, to firstname.lastname@example.org