MindFreedom Media Coverage
A few of the mainstream and alternative media that have mentioned or covered MindFreedom International.
DISCLAIMER: MFI lists articles for non-commercial public education, author is responsible for content; forwarding in no way implies endorsement of all or part.
- Still Crazy After All These Years
- This cover story in the San Diego Reader about the late dissident psychiatrist and MindFreedom board member Loren Mosher and his Soteria experiment also quotes David Oaks, MindFreedom director.
- Prozac.org: An influential mental health nonprofit finds its 'grassroots' watered by pharmaceutical millions
- Mother Jones and journalist Ken Silverstein won an award for this one. Ken got inside the headquarters of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) and photocopied huge checks from the psychiatric drug industry to NAMI. NAMI policy: Non-disclosure of the amount of money this mental health organization gets from the psychiatric drug industry. MindFreedom (then called Support Coalition) was quoted. MFI did its own investigation finding that a lot of the NAMI money went to a special fund that promoted Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT), which are teams that among other things enforce the taking of psychiatric drugs in people's home.
- The Guinea Pigs' Rebellion
- The weekly newspaper in Portland, Oregon provided an overview about progress in uniting the national movement of mental health consumers and psychiatric survivors.
- MindFreedom Media Coverage
- A few of the mainstream and alternative media that have mentioned or covered MindFreedom International.