These documents explore the intersection between the disability movement and the movement to change the mental health system.
- MFI Ashley Alert: Nine-year-old given injections to stunt growth
- MindFreedom joins other disability rights group in speaking out to oppose how nine-year-old Ashley, who has intellectual and physical disabilities, is being given drugs to minimize her height and weight.
- The link between the "mad movement" and the cross-disability movement is crucial.
- The psychiatric survivor/mental health consumer movement -- also known as 'mad movement' -- accelerated in the early 1970's at about the same time as the general cross-disability movement that addresses concerns of all people who end up with some type of disability label.
- Basic info on AMPLIFY training: Cross-Disability & Mental Health United!
- AMPLIFY is a workshop co-developed by MindFreedom International about how mental health consumers and psychiatric survivors can AMPLIFY their individual and collective voice, by building on the strengths of allies such as the cross-disability movement! MFI has given this workshop throughout Oregon, and internationally!
- Historic Speech by Justin Dart About Mental Health & Cross-Disability
- Justin Dart is considered the "Father of the Americans With Disabilities Act," and was also a key bridge builder in connecting the cross-disability movement, and the psychiatric survivor/mental health consumer movement. One of his last speeches was in front of the major annual meeting of the National Council on Independent Living (NCIL).