Events related to alternatives & human rights in mental health
These are conferences, meetings, congresses, gatherings related to the topics of human rights in mental health. Inclusion of these events is not necessarily endorsement, and is for your information. Unless specified, these are not events sponsored by MindFreedom International.
- Are We Mad? Critical Perspectives on the Canadian Mental Health System (University of Alberta, Canada, from Mar 01, 2008 05:35 PM to Mar 02, 2008 05:35 PM)
- Keynote speakers include authors Bob Whitaker and Don Weitz at this University of Alberta event in Canada starting 1 March 2008.
- Recovery from Psychosis: Healing through Relationship with keynote by Ron Bassman (Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South; New York University, from Mar 14, 2008 12:40 PM to Mar 15, 2008 12:40 PM)
- Ron Bassman, PhD author of "A Fight to Be: A Psychologist’s Experience from Both Sides of the Locked Door" will keynote in New York City starting 14 March 2008.
- International Conference on Self-Determination (Renaissance Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA, from May 27, 2008 05:50 PM to May 29, 2008 05:50 PM)
- The conference organizers announced: "International perspectives on progressive notions of mental health recovery, family supports, community membership, ending forced impoverishment and system change requirements will be part of the focus of the conference. The meetings will feature leaders from across disability and aging and relate the efforts being made across the world to make freedom a reality for individuals with disabilities." The event will be in Detroit, Michigan, USA starting 27 May 2008.
- David Oaks Lecture on the Mad Pride Movement (Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, from Oct 04, 2009 03:00 PM to Oct 04, 2009 04:00 PM)
- A free lecture by David Oaks at Harvard University.
- An Evening with David Oaks (Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, Massachusetts, from Oct 05, 2009 06:30 PM to Oct 05, 2009 08:30 PM)
- A free lecture by David Oaks at Holyoke Community College.
- Petaluma Progressive Festival (Petaluma, California, from Sep 26, 2010 12:00 PM to Sep 26, 2010 05:00 PM)
- MindFreedom's bay area affiliate will host a table at the upcoming Petaluma Progressive Festival.
- Flyer for David Oaks Lecture
- Download a flyer in Microsoft Word format for David Oaks' upcoming lecture at Harvard University.
- PsychOUT: A Conference for Organizing Resistance Against Psychiatry (Toronto, Ontario, Canada, from May 07, 2010 12:00 AM to May 09, 2010 12:00 AM)
- Toronto conference includes variety of speakers, workshops, plus protest about electroshock. David W. Oaks, Director of MindFreedom International, is one of the speakers.
- Celia Brown Moderates Panel on Mental Health, UN and Human Rights (United Nations Plaza, from Dec 10, 2009 02:00 PM to Dec 10, 2009 04:00 PM)
- On Human Rights Day, the Celia Brown will moderate and participate in a panel in United Nations Plaza about human rights and mental health.