MindFreedom Lane County Normathon - Skit for YouTube
You are invited to participate in a free skit to be broadcast on YouTube. Worship the Big Giant Pill, and question reality, normality, media and the bullying by psychiatric drug industry! Plus have a great time, and educate the public!
May 17, 2008
from 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM
|Where||Broadway & Willamette, Eugene, Oregon, USA|
|Contact Name||David W. Oaks & Ron Unger|
All are welcome who want to have a peaceful, fun, creative time questioning reality, normality, media and psychiatric drug company bullying. Green Your Mind!
|Add event to calendar||
Hey Lane County: Feeling a little crazy?
You are invited to be in YouTube free street theater:
When: Saturday, 17 May 2008 from 4 pm to 6 pm (start gathering at 3 pm).
Where: Ken Kesey statue! Broadway & Willamette, Eugene, Oregon, USA.
Who: You! All are welcome! Moderators are David W. Oaks and Ron Unger. Sponsored by MindFreedom International, a nonprofit human rights coalition.
Why: Question reality, normality, media, and psychiatric drug industry bullying. May is Mental Health Month. Show your creative maladjustment. Mad pride!
What: A peaceful protest prank we will broadcast globally on web via YouTube!
- Bring your problems to our Big Giant Pill while a mental health worker chants.
- Speak, sing, scream or act your real true feelings in a videoed Mad Minute.
- Oppression Olympic Trials! Win valuable prizes, like a nonviolent revolution.
- Cheer for a performance by Youth Committee of Psychiatric Survivors.
- Join a Bed Push so a mannequin named Norm tied in restraints can escape.
- Come as you are or bring props, signs and costumes (normal or strange).
Volunteer now at the MindFreedom office at 454 Willamette, Suite 216, Eugene.ph: 345-9106 email: email@example.com web: www.mindfreedom.org/norm
- An out-of-state speaker will be at The Normathon! Ted Chabasinski is a long-term activist in the "mad movement" with more than 35 years of experience! He is coming up here to Eugene just in time for The Normathon! You can read more about Ted's amazing life (including forced shock at six, locked up for his whole youth, and becoming any attorney) by clicking here.
- Later on that night celebrate at Life & Universe benefit concert, 7 pm, Fenario Gallery, 881 Willamette. For more information and download poster for that event, click here.)