I'm back from being taped for a national tv news show.
Keep your fingers crossed.
A couple of days ago i was being taped in New York City for a national television news show on the topic of MAD PRIDE.
No guarantee on results, absolutely. Proof is in the pudding.
That said, I'm impressed by the depth of interest I've seen so far. But based on 33 years of challenges in dealing with major media, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I realize major media has challenges. A number of people cautioned me from doing this show. But I believe we have to evaluate the pro's and con's, and make a personal decision. There's a time and place to say "no." But at this point, to have a chance to have a voice, it was a time for us to say, "yes.'
The most common, number one question I'm getting from people is,
"When will it be aired?"
I hear you!
A few replies to that question:
- Turns out the Michael Jackson story has really set back schedules in the TV news magazine field! And there are still a few more stories to go. So our story was bumped from July.
- So the best they can tell me right now, is the story I was taped for will be on in August.
- They will absolutely, positively give us a heads up well before the show airs.
- And once we find out, MindFreedom will get out the word in a variety of ways, including this blog.
- If you are not on the free, public MINDFREEDOM NEWS alert list, look for the link in the lower left hand corner of this web site, and sign up today! We'll definitely e-mail out to the tens of thousands of folks who get their news on changing the mental health system via that list!